ESS Established as ESS ERIC
??? Teaser ???
The Decision announcing the award of ERIC (European Research Infrastructure Consortium) status to the European Social Survey was published in the Official Journal of the EU on 30th November 2013. ERICs are facilities for the scientific community, allowing researchers access to archives and tools to conduct top-level research. Member States, Associated and Third Countries and intergovernmental organisations may become members of an ERIC.
The ESS application for ERIC status was submitted by the UK on behalf of the ESS ERIC Members and Observers. The Members of the ESS ERIC are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Ireland, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden and UK. Norway and Switzerland are Observers. The ESS ERIC HQ will be at City University London.
The Director of the ESS, Rory Fitzgerald said:
"I am delighted that the application to establish the European Social Survey (ESS) as a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) has been successful. The long-term future of the ESS is now secure and this important time series at last has a funding time horizon.
The ESS ensures that academically rigorous, comparative data about the attitudes, behaviour and beliefs of Europeans are freely available. This provides a valuable data resource for the whole of the European Research Area, analysis of which impacts on policy discussion and formulation. In democratic societies it is vital that academics and policy makers understand how people think, feel and behave. ESS ERIC will provide high quality data to help that understanding for many years to come".
Other news articles
- 23/11/22 ESS10: Second data release scheduled for 8 December
- 17/11/22 Join us at ESRA 2023
- 14/11/22 Mode switch advisers appointed
- 03/10/22 Call for papers: Time-series analysis
- 26/09/22 Call for policy consultant
- 21/09/22 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2022
- 15/09/22 General Assembly meeting next month
- 01/08/22 Electronic Questionnaire Device
- 21/07/22 Call for papers: Online youth event
- 23/06/22 Round 10 data now available
- 22/06/22 New report reflects on nine rounds of data
- 13/06/22 Call for self-completion mode experts
- 09/06/22 Related Studies: Australian data now available
- 06/06/22 Call for papers: ESS Visegrad Conference
- 31/05/22 ESS announces change to data collection methodology
- 19/05/22 The way you access our data is changing
- 16/05/22 Supporting Ukrainian research
- 26/04/22 Serbia becomes newest member of the ESS ERIC
- 05/04/22 Round 10 data coming soon
- 16/03/22 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 08/03/22 New study reveals impact of ESS data
- 04/03/22 ESS community condemns Russian attack
- 14/02/22 Call for Round 12 rotating modules
- 04/02/22 New data search and download service
- 10/01/22 Round 10 source questionnaire published