Web panel data coming soon
As part of the SUSTAIN-2 project, data from our harmonised, probability-based web panel will be published by the end of June 2023.
The CROss-National Online Survey-2 (CRONOS-2) panel was fielded in 12 countries: Austria, Belgium, Czechia, Finland, France, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Respondents to European Social Survey Round 10 (2020-22) in each of the 12 countries were invited to participate in the online panel across six waves (only waves 1 and 2 have been completed in Hungary).
The six waves were fielded from November 2021 until March 2023.
Question modules for cross-national waves 1, 2, 4 and 5 were selected for inclusion following an open competition.
Respondents were asked country-specific questions during waves 3 and 6 (country-specific waves), composed by ESS national teams in each country.
Wave 1 included questions measuring attitudes towards climate policies and COVID-19 vaccinations. This latter module was repeated in Wave 5.
The first wave also included modules to understand drivers of institutional trust and the perceptions of surveys.
Welfare and redistribution items were included in Wave 2, alongside questions on the beginning and end of life.
Wave 2 also featured items on financial wellbeing (this was repeated in Wave 5) and memory policies, which asked about commemorative ceremonies, memorials, and public speeches.
Items about technocracy and populism, family diversity and what effect the pandemic might have had on mental health were provided in Wave 4.
This wave also included a culturally sensitive study of societal development, which aimed to establish what respondents feel marks societal development (in terms of economic prosperity, equality, longevity, etc.)
Wave 5 asked respondents whether they have trust in scientific disciplines, their attitudes with regard to being excluded and ignored, and questions on income generation and redistribution of wealth.
Questions in Wave 5 also focused on COVID-19 by asking about government information during the pandemic.
This web panel was funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 871063.
It builds on the success of the pioneering CRONOS panel, implemented in three countries - Estonia, Great Britain and Slovenia - during 2016-18 as part of the SERISS project (grant agreement 654221).
Data will be published via the ESS Data Portal.
Other news articles
- 05/06/23 Centerdata joins Core Scientific team
- 30/05/23 Latest academic monitoring report published
- 18/05/23 Web panel data coming soon
- 17/05/23 Pre-announcement: Call for General Assembly Chair
- 11/05/23 New Round 10 data release
- 03/04/23 Montenegro becomes 28th member
- 13/03/23 Call for Papers: Digital social contacts
- 27/02/23 Comparing Australian and European attitudes
- 22/02/23 General Assembly meeting in March
- 09/02/23 Agreement with Korean General Social Survey
- 11/01/23 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 04/01/23 Round 12 rotating modules selected
- 16/12/22 SSH Open Cluster announces new chair
- 09/12/22 Second release of Round 10 data now available
- 17/11/22 Join us at ESRA 2023
- 14/11/22 Mode switch advisers appointed
- 03/10/22 Call for papers: Time-series analysis
- 26/09/22 Call for policy consultant
- 21/09/22 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2022
- 15/09/22 General Assembly meeting next month
- 01/08/22 Electronic Questionnaire Device
- 21/07/22 Call for papers: Online youth event
- 23/06/22 Round 10 data now available
- 22/06/22 New report reflects on nine rounds of data
- 13/06/22 Call for self-completion mode experts