Call for policy consultant
The European Social Survey European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ESS ERIC) has published a call for a consultant to investigate the use of ESS data amongst policy making audiences.
A policy consultant will be employed for up to 25 days to conduct a scoping exercise and produce a report to better understand the visibility, accessibility and reach of ESS data.
The successful candidate will initially undertake desk research to understand in which organisations our data is most widely used, and what parts of our questionnaire are most drawn upon.
They will also be expected to establish whether existing ESS data is policy relevant but currently underused by policy organisations.
As well as desk research, the consultant will be expected to conduct interviews with stakeholders in the pan-European policy domain.
This will help establish any barriers that policy professionals face when using our data, how best to interact with policy audiences in future and what lessons could be learned from other research projects.
The final report will include recommendations on how to create pathways to impact that could help link those with knowledge of our data to the relevant policy makers.
Candidates must have some experience of working with quantitative data and an excellent working knowledge of policy making and policy networks at the European Union level.
They should also have a detailed knowledge of European Commission policy developments and processes and previous experience of conducting a similar exercise.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter explaining how they would approach this work via email. They should also include details of their chargeable day rate in Euros.
The appointed consultant will be expected to work for 15-25 days from November 2022. The report is to be produced by June 2023.
This work is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 871063 (Next Steps in the Sustainability of the European Social Survey).
The deadline for applications is Friday 14 October.
This call is now closed.
Other news articles
- 23/11/22 ESS10: Second data release scheduled for 8 December
- 17/11/22 Join us at ESRA 2023
- 14/11/22 Mode switch advisers appointed
- 03/10/22 Call for papers: Time-series analysis
- 26/09/22 Call for policy consultant
- 21/09/22 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2022
- 15/09/22 General Assembly meeting next month
- 01/08/22 Electronic Questionnaire Device
- 21/07/22 Call for papers: Online youth event
- 23/06/22 Round 10 data now available
- 22/06/22 New report reflects on nine rounds of data
- 13/06/22 Call for self-completion mode experts
- 09/06/22 Related Studies: Australian data now available
- 06/06/22 Call for papers: ESS Visegrad Conference
- 31/05/22 ESS announces change to data collection methodology
- 19/05/22 The way you access our data is changing
- 16/05/22 Supporting Ukrainian research
- 26/04/22 Serbia becomes newest member of the ESS ERIC
- 05/04/22 Round 10 data coming soon
- 16/03/22 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 08/03/22 New study reveals impact of ESS data
- 04/03/22 ESS community condemns Russian attack
- 14/02/22 Call for Round 12 rotating modules
- 04/02/22 New data search and download service
- 10/01/22 Round 10 source questionnaire published