Round 10 data coming soon
The first data collected during European Social Survey (ESS) Round 10 will be published in June 2022.
This initial release will only include data from around a third of the 32 participating countries.
A second data release - planned for November 2022 - will contain data from a much larger number of countries.
Due to measures implemented to mitigate the spread of Coronavirus, our fieldwork period was longer than usual, with data collected from September 2020 up until May 2022.
In several countries where face-to-face interviews were not possible, the Round 10 questionnaire was fielded using self-completion methods.
As such, self-completion data - collected either using a sequential web - paper or a concurrent web and paper design - will be published in a separate dataset at the end of 2022.
Countries that undertook fieldwork using only self-completion methods are: Austria, Cyprus, Germany, Israel, Latvia, Poland, Serbia, Spain and Sweden.
As the Round 10 data processing is still ongoing, please note that the countries included in each data release will be only confirmed a few weeks in advance of the related publication dates.
Our Round 10 questionnaire included our core questionnaire, fielded in every round.
It also included two rotating modules: Europeans’ understandings and evaluations of democracy and Digital social contacts in work and family life
Additionally, a special COVID-19 module was fielded by countries on a voluntary basis.
Other news articles
- 26/09/22 Call for policy consultant
- 21/09/22 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2022
- 15/09/22 General Assembly meeting next month
- 01/08/22 Electronic Questionnaire Device
- 21/07/22 Call for papers: Youth online event
- 23/06/22 Round 10 data now available
- 22/06/22 New report reflects on nine rounds of data
- 13/06/22 Call for self-completion mode experts
- 09/06/22 Related Studies: Australian data now available
- 06/06/22 Call for papers: ESS Visegrad Conference
- 31/05/22 ESS announces change to data collection methodology
- 19/05/22 The way you access our data is changing
- 16/05/22 Supporting Ukrainian research
- 26/04/22 Serbia becomes newest member of the ESS ERIC
- 05/04/22 Round 10 data coming soon
- 16/03/22 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 08/03/22 New study reveals impact of ESS data
- 04/03/22 ESS community condemns Russian attack
- 14/02/22 Call for Round 12 rotating modules
- 04/02/22 New data search and download service
- 10/01/22 Round 10 source questionnaire published
- 04/01/22 Pre-announcement: Call for rotating modules
- 13/12/21 Spain becomes 26th member of ESS ERIC
- 29/11/21 Round 10 self-completion experiment funded in UK
- 20/10/21 ESS involved in new climate change project