Spain becomes 26th member of ESS ERIC
Spain has become the 26th member of the European Social Survey European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ESS ERIC) - the highest number of any ERIC.
The ESS ERIC General Assembly approved a membership application submitted by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation last month.
Since the ESS became an ERIC in 2013, participating countries are designated as Members, Observers or Guests.
Member countries are committed to at least two consecutive rounds with full voting rights on the ESS ERIC General Assembly.
Observer countries commit to participation in two consecutive rounds but have no voting rights.
Countries with Guest status are committed to one round with no voting rights.
Despite taking part in every round of the ESS, Spain has participated under Guest status in the last three rounds.
In Round 10 (2020/21) of the ESS, it is expected that 32 countries will take part: 26 Members; one Observer and five Guest countries. A full list is shown below.
Professor Rory Fitzgerald, Director of the ESS ERIC, welcomed the accession of Spain:
“Spain has played a crucial role in the development of the European Social Survey by taking part in every round to date and housing one of the institutions of the Core Scientific Team.
“Spain joining the ESS will ensure that the opinions and social conditions of Spaniards will be mapped through our surveys well into the future.
“We are absolutely delighted by this outcome and look forward to working with our colleagues in Spain to further strengthen the ESS infrastructure.”
- Austria (Federal Ministry of Science and Research)
- Belgium (Flemish Department of Economy, Science and Innovation and Federation Wallonia-Brussels)
- Bulgaria (Ministry of Education and Science)
- Croatia (Ministry of Science and Education)
- Cyprus (Directorate General for European Programmes, Coordination and Development)
- Czechia (Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports)
- Estonia (Ministry of Social Affairs)
- Finland (Ministry of Education and Culture)
- France (Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation)
- Germany (Federal Ministry of Education and Research)
- Hungary (National Research, Development and Innovation Office)
- Iceland (Ministry of Education, Science and Culture)
- Ireland (Irish Research Council)
- Israel (Ministry of Science and Technology)
- Italy (National Institute for Public Policy Analysis)
- Latvia (Ministry of Education and Science)
- Lithuania (Ministry of Education and Science)
- Netherlands (Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research)
- Norway (Ministry of Education and Research)
- Poland (Ministry of Education and Science)
- Portugal (Foundation for Science and Technology)
- Slovak Republic (Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport)
- Slovenia (Ministry of Education, Science and Sport)
- Spain (Ministry of Science and Innovation)
- Sweden (Ministry of Education, represented by the Swedish Research Council)
- United Kingdom (Economic and Social Research Council)
- Switzerland (FORS - Swiss Foundation for Research in Social Sciences)
Confirmed Round 10 Guests:
- Georgia (Georgian American University)
- Greece (National Centre for Social research)
- Montenegro (Ministry of Science)
- North Macedonia (Ministry of Education and Science)
- Serbia (Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development)
Other news articles
- 23/06/22 Round 10 data now available
- 22/06/22 New report reflects on nine rounds of data
- 13/06/22 Call for self-completion mode experts
- 09/06/22 Related Studies: Australian data now available
- 06/06/22 Call for Papers: ESS Visegrad Conference
- 31/05/22 ESS announces change to data collection methodology
- 19/05/22 The way you access our data is changing
- 16/05/22 Supporting Ukrainian research
- 26/04/22 Serbia becomes newest member of the ESS ERIC
- 05/04/22 Round 10 data coming soon
- 16/03/22 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 08/03/22 New study reveals impact of ESS data
- 04/03/22 ESS community condemns Russian attack
- 14/02/22 Call for Round 12 rotating modules
- 04/02/22 New data search and download service
- 10/01/22 Round 10 source questionnaire published
- 04/01/22 Pre-announcement: Call for rotating modules
- 13/12/21 Spain becomes 26th member of ESS ERIC
- 29/11/21 Round 10 self-completion experiment funded in UK
- 20/10/21 ESS involved in new climate change project
- 05/10/21 Round 10 fieldwork update
- 21/09/21 Virtual General Assembly meeting
- 16/09/21 Roger Jowell memorial lecture 2021
- 07/07/21 Round 9 Multilevel Data published
- 25/06/21 New report published: The timing of life events