Round 9 Multilevel Data published
The Multilevel Data resource has now been updated to include externally collected data applicable to European Social Survey (ESS) Round 9 (2018/19) data.
It means that contextual data on crime, demography, the economy, education, health, immigration and political institutions can now be downloaded and linked to our latest dataset.
The data is available at regional level - ESS regions are created by combining data from different NUTS-levels.
Further data is supplied by Bertelsmann Stiftung, the CIRI Human Rights Project, Database of Political Institutions (World Bank), Democracy Barometer, Freedom House, Comparative Political Data Set and Transparency International.
This data is now available through the Multilevel Data resource.
Since Round 4 (2008/09) of our survey, similar contextual data is available, and can be downloaded with previous datasets.
Migrant Integration Policy Index (MIPEX) data was also included in the Multilevel Data resource to accompany our immigration data collected in Round 7 (2014/15).
The resource contains data about a) individuals (ESS respondents) b) regions and c) countries. It is designed to facilitate the task of adding external contextual data on countries and regions to ESS data.
All our survey data can be merged with the alongside the externally sourced data in SPSS, Stata and SAS formats.
Our Multilevel Data tool was partly funded by the Descartes Research Prize awarded to the ESS in 2005.
Other news articles
- 23/06/22 Round 10 data now available
- 22/06/22 New report reflects on nine rounds of data
- 13/06/22 Call for self-completion mode experts
- 09/06/22 Related Studies: Australian data now available
- 06/06/22 Call for Papers: ESS Visegrad Conference
- 31/05/22 ESS announces change to data collection methodology
- 19/05/22 The way you access our data is changing
- 16/05/22 Supporting Ukrainian research
- 26/04/22 Serbia becomes newest member of the ESS ERIC
- 05/04/22 Round 10 data coming soon
- 16/03/22 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 08/03/22 New study reveals impact of ESS data
- 04/03/22 ESS community condemns Russian attack
- 14/02/22 Call for Round 12 rotating modules
- 04/02/22 New data search and download service
- 10/01/22 Round 10 source questionnaire published
- 04/01/22 Pre-announcement: Call for rotating modules
- 13/12/21 Spain becomes 26th member of ESS ERIC
- 29/11/21 Round 10 self-completion experiment funded in UK
- 20/10/21 ESS involved in new climate change project
- 05/10/21 Round 10 fieldwork update
- 21/09/21 Virtual General Assembly meeting
- 16/09/21 Roger Jowell memorial lecture 2021
- 07/07/21 Round 9 Multilevel Data published
- 25/06/21 New report published: The timing of life events