Call for Southern European Ambassador
The European Social Survey (ESS) is looking to appoint a consultant who will act as a southern European ambassador to establish a network in the region.
The ESS Ambassador will seek to ensure that countries remain, or become members, of the ESS ERIC by liaising with our existing funding representatives, national teams and data users in southern Europe.
Part of the role includes the establishment of the first ESS Southern European Regional Network, bringing together national teams, data users and social science funding agencies.
This regional network will help to encourage long-term involvement in our survey amongst southern European countries, including Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
ESS regional networks help to promote our survey and provide a collective forum that helps to support national teams with the implementation of the study.
The Southern European Regional Network will host two seminars, attended by leading scholars and representatives from relevant government ministries in southern Europe.
The events will showcase region-relevant research that analyses our data and offers tangible policy implications, as well as survey methodological challenges.
Applicants should have knowledge of the academic sector in southern Europe and the funding landscape for social science research infrastructures.
The successful candidate will receive €600 per day plus travel expenses and will be expected to work for 15 days between October 2020 and July 2021.
Applicants should send a CV and a one page letter to Esther Bourne outlining why they are suitable for the role.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 17 September. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 30 September.
This post is funded by the European Commission as part of the Horizon 2020 project, ESS-SUSTAIN-2 (grant agreement number 871063).
Other news articles
- 26/09/22 Call for policy consultant
- 21/09/22 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2022
- 15/09/22 General Assembly meeting next month
- 01/08/22 Electronic Questionnaire Device
- 21/07/22 Call for papers: Youth online event
- 23/06/22 Round 10 data now available
- 22/06/22 New report reflects on nine rounds of data
- 13/06/22 Call for self-completion mode experts
- 09/06/22 Related Studies: Australian data now available
- 06/06/22 Call for papers: ESS Visegrad Conference
- 31/05/22 ESS announces change to data collection methodology
- 19/05/22 The way you access our data is changing
- 16/05/22 Supporting Ukrainian research
- 26/04/22 Serbia becomes newest member of the ESS ERIC
- 05/04/22 Round 10 data coming soon
- 16/03/22 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 08/03/22 New study reveals impact of ESS data
- 04/03/22 ESS community condemns Russian attack
- 14/02/22 Call for Round 12 rotating modules
- 04/02/22 New data search and download service
- 10/01/22 Round 10 source questionnaire published
- 04/01/22 Pre-announcement: Call for rotating modules
- 13/12/21 Spain becomes 26th member of ESS ERIC
- 29/11/21 Round 10 self-completion experiment funded in UK
- 20/10/21 ESS involved in new climate change project