Analyse Round 9 Russian data
Although Russia did not formally take part in Round 9 (2018/19) of our survey, you can now access data collected by the Institute for Comparative Social Research (CESSI).
ESS related studies are an opportunity for non-affiliated countries to apply to replicate sections of our biennial survey.
The data was collected at the same time as Round 9 fieldwork took place in the majority of participating countries.
CESSI were also able to field questions included in our module measuring the socio-demographics of respondents.
This Russian data is available to download from the CESSI data archive.
Our Related Studies section provides access to data that is deemed relevant to our user community but is not part of our official data and documentation.
These studies have either replicated our questions, are developed in cooperation with the ESS or include directly relevant data.
The collecton of data in this way must meet certain methodological requirements, including ethical considerations and data protection safeguards.
All related studies must commit to using random probability methods during sampling, depositing the data in a national archive and providing a documentation report.
Studies wishing to be considered are expected to discuss their intention with the ESS prior to commencing fieldwork.
Countries within the European Research Area would normally be expected to field our survey as a formal ESS ERIC Member, Observer or Guest rather than as a related study.
Russia have formally participated in five rounds of our survey - the most recent in Round 8 (2016/7) - and this data is available on our website.
Data collected as a related study is available through the CESSI data archive for Round 7 (2014/15) and Round 9.
Other news articles
- 26/02/21 Important update on ESS Round 10 fieldwork
- 11/02/21 5,429 academic publications based on ESS data
- 28/01/21 Upcoming call for online panel questions
- 26/01/21 Round 10 core questionnaire changes
- 11/12/20 New version of Round 9 data now available
- 11/11/20 Questions selected for new online panel
- 30/10/20 Round 10 COVID-19 questions finalised
- 16/10/20 Director becomes Academy of Social Sciences Fellow
- 06/10/20 Justice and fairness analysis now available
- 24/09/20 Virtual General Assembly meeting
- 18/09/20 Justice and fairness: Topline report launch
- 14/09/20 Round 11 rotating modules selected
- 02/09/20 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2020
- 17/08/20 Call for Southern European Ambassador
- 04/08/20 Call for online panel questions now open
- 22/07/20 Coming soon: Call for online panel questions
- 06/07/20 COVID-19 questions selected for Round 10
- 15/06/20 Round 9: Second data release now available
- 08/06/20 ESS receives dataset award
- 22/05/20 Special fast call for COVID-19 questions
- 20/05/20 Extraordinary General Assembly meeting
- 04/05/20 ESS ERIC now has 25 members
- 08/04/20 COVID-19 implications on the ESS
- 26/03/20 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/02/20 Analyse Round 9 Russian data