Online consultation launched
We have launched an online consultation into proposed changes to some of our questions that are included in every round of the European Social Survey (ESS).
This request for feedback is part of a wider review - that is being held ahead of Round 10 (2020/21) data collection - into the relevance of our questionnaire items.
The purpose of the review is to ensure that our questions continue to accurately reflect the most important social, political and demographic issues facing Europe.
Participating in this exercise offers you the chance provide us with important feedback on questions that might be amended or dropped from our regular questionnaire.
The feedback received will be vital to ensuring that we minimise the potential negative impacts of any changes we make on all our data users and their research.
The online consultation takes around 20 minutes to complete if all sections are answered but is much shorter if you choose only to give feedback on some of the proposed changes.
If you are an existing registered user, you should have been invited to participate in the consultation via email last week. If you did not receive an invite but would like to receive similar correspondence in future, amend your account preferences.
All responses will remain anonymous, and you will not be identified based on your answers. Your participation is voluntary, but it would be greatly appreciated.
The online consultation will close on Tuesday 24 September.
Other news articles
- 04/09/19 Global partnerships revealed
- 02/09/19 General Assembly meeting next month
- 28/08/19 Online consultation launched
- 25/07/19 Round 8 quality matrix now available
- 24/06/19 Pre-announcement: Call for rotating modules
- 20/05/19 Contextual information for Round 8 now available
- 10/05/19 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2019
- 12/04/19 Measures to prevent data falsification
- 11/03/19 New Horizon 2020 project begins
- 19/02/19 Director visits University of Western Australia
- 23/01/19 Jowell-Kaase Prize winner revealed
- 15/01/19 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 17/12/18 Cumulative Data File updated
- 29/11/18 Russian attitudes on climate change and energy explored
- 27/11/18 New report examines Russian attitudes on welfare
- 20/11/18 Registration opens for ESS Conference 2019
- 24/10/18 ESS ERIC General Assembly meeting
- 02/10/18 Europeans accept climate change is happening
- 17/09/18 Europeans receptive to new welfare policy ideas
- 02/08/18 Upcoming events in Brussels
- 11/07/18 Exploring democracy and digital communication
- 02/07/18 ESS Conference: Call for Papers now open
- 19/06/18 Details of Jowell-Kaase Prize announced
- 30/05/18 Round 8: second edition of data released
- 16/05/18 CROss-National Online Survey Panel data now available