ESS Conference: Call for Papers now open
Leading academics can now submit their research using our data to be considered for inclusion at the 4th International ESS Conference being held in Germany during April 2019.
The 4th International ESS Conference - Turbulent times in Europe: Instability, insecurity and inequality - will take place at the University of Mannheim in Germany on 15-17 April 2019.
The Call for Papers formally opens today (Monday 2 July) - the deadline for abstracts is 15 September 2018.
Session proposals already accepted can be broadly categorised into six areas: democracy and political participation; social inequality; climate change; immigration; welfare and methodological aspects of the ESS.
Additionally, the conference committee is seeking papers on health and subjective well-being, anti-immigrant sentiment, human values, justice and other topics where ESS data has been analysed.
The conference committee is requesting that researchers submit an abstract of up to 300 words (plus 3-5 keywords) via email before the September deadline. A decision on submitted papers will be reached before 30 November 2018.
Applicants are asked to include the corresponding session identification number, which can be found on the Call for Papers page within the conference section of our website.
Abstracts can be submitted with up to two different possible sessions for each paper.
The committee also welcomes papers that are not necessarily relevant for any of the proposed sessions, as long as the use of our data can be demonstrated.
Early Career Researchers are reminded that they can submit their paper to be considered for the Jowell-Kaase Prize, due to be announced at the conference.
For further information about the conference, visit the relevant section of our website.
Other news articles
- 12/04/19 Measures to prevent data falsification
- 11/03/19 New Horizon 2020 project begins
- 19/02/19 Director visits University of Western Australia
- 23/01/19 Jowell-Kaase Prize winner revealed
- 15/01/19 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 17/12/18 Cumulative Data File updated
- 29/11/18 Russian attitudes on climate change and energy explored
- 27/11/18 New report examines Russian attitudes on welfare
- 20/11/18 Registration opens for ESS Conference 2019
- 24/10/18 ESS ERIC General Assembly meeting
- 02/10/18 Europeans accept climate change is happening
- 17/09/18 Europeans receptive to new welfare policy ideas
- 02/08/18 Upcoming events in Brussels
- 11/07/18 Exploring democracy and digital communication
- 02/07/18 ESS Conference: Call for Papers now open
- 19/06/18 Details of Jowell-Kaase Prize announced
- 30/05/18 Round 8: second edition of data released
- 16/05/18 CROss-National Online Survey Panel data now available
- 30/04/18 General Assembly meeting in May
- 23/04/18 Strengthening links between the ESS and Australia
- 09/04/18 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2018
- 29/03/18 Details of ESS conference announced
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting