Details of Jowell-Kaase Prize announced
Details of how to apply for the 2019 Jowell-Kaase Early Career Researcher Prize have now been announced by the European Social Survey (ESS).
The Jowell-Kaase Prize recognises excellence in the field of comparative social research by a promising new researcher from any social research discipline.
The winning prize of €1,000 will be awarded to an early career researcher whose initial achievements have already made a significant impact on the field.
Their research must cover one of the substantive topics of the ESS from a comparative perspective, either cross-nationally and/or across different ESS rounds.
The nominees must have included ESS data and published their research in international peer-reviewed journals or in books published by reputable academic publishers.
It is expected that their research has contributed to our understanding of European societies and provided a clear presentation of interesting and timely research questions informed by relevant and high quality empirical analysis.
Named after the co-founders of the ESS, Sir Roger Jowell and Max Kaase, the second iteration of the prize will be awarded at the ESS Conference in April 2019. The winner will be invited to give a keynote speech during the conference.
The competition is open to researchers who are within eight years of the award of their PhD at the time of the 4th International ESS Conference in April 2019.
The deadline for nominations is 15 October 2018. Nominations can be made by individuals or institutions and candidates may nominate themselves.
A prize committee including members of the ESS Scientific Advisory Board (SAB), Conference organising committee and ESS General Assembly - in consultation with Max Kaase - will rule on nominations.
Other news articles
- 29/11/18 Russian attitudes on climate change and energy explored
- 27/11/18 New report examines Russian attitudes on welfare
- 20/11/18 Registration opens for ESS Conference 2019
- 24/10/18 ESS ERIC General Assembly meeting
- 02/10/18 Europeans accept climate change is happening
- 17/09/18 Europeans receptive to new welfare policy ideas
- 02/08/18 Upcoming events in Brussels
- 11/07/18 Exploring democracy and digital communication
- 02/07/18 ESS Conference: Call for Papers now open
- 19/06/18 Details of Jowell-Kaase Prize announced
- 30/05/18 Round 8: second edition of data released
- 16/05/18 CROss-National Online Survey Panel data now available
- 30/04/18 General Assembly meeting in May
- 23/04/18 Strengthening links between the ESS and Australia
- 09/04/18 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2018
- 29/03/18 Details of ESS conference announced
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/01/18 Call for Ethics Committee members
- 27/11/17 European Social Survey has high impact
- 31/10/17 Round 8 data now available
- 25/10/17 The future of welfare: Basic income?
- 05/10/17 Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
- 03/10/17 Invitation to tender: Report on measuring the media