First Spanish Congress announced
The Spanish National Committee of the European Social Survey (ESS) has announced that its first Spanish Congress event will be held in Madrid during September 2018.
‘Spanish Society in Comparative Perspective: 15 years of ESS in Spain’ will bring together academics from a wide range of disciplines to showcase their research.
The Congress will take place on 20-21 September 2018 at the Centro de Investigaciones Sociológicas (CIS) in Madrid, Spain.
It will be an opportunity for speakers to share ideas, discuss results and show the types of research that can be carried out by using ESS data.
Academic papers submitted by early career researchers will be considered for a new prize: the ‘Best ESS Junior Paper Award’. The winner will receive €300 and the runner-up will receive €200.
PhD students currently registered at a university and those who defended their dissertation after September 2015 are eligible for the award.
There are also a number of Student Accommodation Grants available for PhD, Master or Bachelor students. These will cover the costs associated with attending the conference, and include one night’s accommodation in Madrid.
The Centro de Investigaciones Sociológicas (CIS) will include a selection of the papers presented at the Congress in its ‘Academia’ publication following the event.
The deadline for submitting an abstract has been extended until Sunday 6 May 2018.
For further information or to register for the event, visit Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology (RECSM), Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Other news articles
- 14/10/19 Exploring public attitudes, informing public policy
- 25/09/19 Your chance to field questions in our survey
- 19/09/19 Social science event at the European Commission
- 04/09/19 Global partnerships revealed
- 02/09/19 General Assembly meeting next month
- 28/08/19 Online consultation launched
- 25/07/19 Round 8 quality matrix now available
- 24/06/19 Pre-announcement: Call for rotating modules
- 20/05/19 Contextual information for Round 8 now available
- 10/05/19 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2019
- 12/04/19 Measures to prevent data falsification
- 11/03/19 New Horizon 2020 project begins
- 19/02/19 Director visits University of Western Australia
- 23/01/19 Jowell-Kaase Prize winner revealed
- 15/01/19 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 17/12/18 Cumulative Data File updated
- 29/11/18 Russian attitudes on climate change and energy explored
- 27/11/18 New report examines Russian attitudes on welfare
- 20/11/18 Registration opens for ESS Conference 2019
- 24/10/18 ESS ERIC General Assembly meeting
- 02/10/18 Europeans accept climate change is happening
- 17/09/18 Europeans receptive to new welfare policy ideas
- 02/08/18 Upcoming events in Brussels
- 11/07/18 Exploring democracy and digital communication
- 02/07/18 ESS Conference: Call for Papers now open