In accordance with the ESS ERIC Statutes (Article 23.3), the ESS ERIC subscribes to the Declaration on Professional Ethics of the International Statistical Institute.
ESS ERIC Research Ethics Board
The first meeting of the Research Ethics Board, at which the Chair, Julie de Jong was elected, took place in September 2018. Its members include:
- Julie de Jong (Chair - USA)
- Nicolas Sauger (Sciences Po and Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) Member)
- Mathew Creighton (University College Dublin)
- Edith de Leeuw (Utrecht University and Methods Advisory Board (MAB) Member)
- Gert Wagner (ordinary member - Germany)
- Emily Gilbert (ordinary member - UK)
The Research Ethics Committee reviews applications for studies for which the ESS ERIC is directly responsible, that is, which it directly contracts.
A Privacy notice for ESS Round 9 target respondents is available on this page.
If you have any problems, concerns or questions about an ESS ERIC study, please contact the Secretary to the ESS ERIC Research Ethics Board (firstname.lastname@example.org).