Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
Multi-national teams of researchers with an interest in comparative social science were invited to submit applications for modules of questions to be fielded as part of Round 10 of the European Social Survey (ESS). The deadline for Stage 1 applications closed on 18 January 2018.
The ESS questionnaire consists of two elements: a core module of substantive and socio-demographic items which remains the same across rounds; and two rotating modules, of up to 30 items each, which vary from round to round. Each rotating module covers a single academic and/or policy concern within Europe and is drafted by a competitively selected team. The chosen Question Module Design Teams (QDTs) work closely with the Core Scientific Team (CST) of the ESS to develop their rotating modules.
Successful applications for previous rotating modules are available here.
The Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) to the ESS ERIC will decide which Stage 1 proposals meet the criteria to be shortlisted. Their decision is final. Shortlisted teams will then be invited to submit a full proposal at Stage 2. The SAB will select two rotating modules from the proposals submitted at Stage 2.
- Deadline for Stage 1 applications | 18th Jan 2018
- Applicants informed of Stage 1 outcome | End Feb 2018
- Deadline for Stage 2 applications | 31st May 2018
- Successful module teams notified | Mid-July 2018
- QDTs work with ESS CST to develop R10 modules | Sept 2018-March 2020
- QDTs assist with translation queries | April-August 2020
- Round 10 Fieldwork | From Sept 2020
- First release of ESS Round 10 data | October 2021
- ESS Round 10 Call Specification
- Guidance for Stage 1 applications – new modules
- Guidance for Stage 1 applications – repeat modules
- Stage 1 applications – Cover sheet
For teams invited to submit a Stage 2 application:
- Guidance for Stage 2 applications – new modules
- Guidance for Stage 2 applications – repeat modules
- Stage 2 applications – Cover sheet
For queries regarding this call please email email@example.com or contact Sarah Butt on +44 (0) 20 7040 4162.