ESS Established as ESS ERIC
??? Teaser ???
The Decision announcing the award of ERIC (European Research Infrastructure Consortium) status to the European Social Survey was published in the Official Journal of the EU on 30th November 2013. ERICs are facilities for the scientific community, allowing researchers access to archives and tools to conduct top-level research. Member States, Associated and Third Countries and intergovernmental organisations may become members of an ERIC.
The ESS application for ERIC status was submitted by the UK on behalf of the ESS ERIC Members and Observers. The Members of the ESS ERIC are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Ireland, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden and UK. Norway and Switzerland are Observers. The ESS ERIC HQ will be at City University London.
The Director of the ESS, Rory Fitzgerald said:
"I am delighted that the application to establish the European Social Survey (ESS) as a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) has been successful. The long-term future of the ESS is now secure and this important time series at last has a funding time horizon.
The ESS ensures that academically rigorous, comparative data about the attitudes, behaviour and beliefs of Europeans are freely available. This provides a valuable data resource for the whole of the European Research Area, analysis of which impacts on policy discussion and formulation. In democratic societies it is vital that academics and policy makers understand how people think, feel and behave. ESS ERIC will provide high quality data to help that understanding for many years to come".
Other news articles
- 04/12/19 Planned downtime on the ESS website and services
- 26/11/19 New experts appointed to advisory boards
- 31/10/19 Round 9 data now available
- 14/10/19 Exploring public attitudes, informing public policy
- 25/09/19 Your chance to field questions in our survey
- 19/09/19 Social science event at the European Commission
- 04/09/19 Global partnerships revealed
- 02/09/19 General Assembly meeting next month
- 28/08/19 Online consultation launched
- 25/07/19 Round 8 quality matrix now available
- 24/06/19 Pre-announcement: Call for rotating modules
- 20/05/19 Contextual information for Round 8 now available
- 10/05/19 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2019
- 12/04/19 Measures to prevent data falsification
- 11/03/19 New Horizon 2020 project begins
- 19/02/19 Director visits University of Western Australia
- 23/01/19 Jowell-Kaase Prize winner revealed
- 15/01/19 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 17/12/18 Cumulative Data File updated
- 29/11/18 Russian attitudes on climate change and energy explored
- 27/11/18 New report examines Russian attitudes on welfare
- 20/11/18 Registration opens for ESS Conference 2019
- 24/10/18 ESS ERIC General Assembly meeting
- 02/10/18 Europeans accept climate change is happening
- 17/09/18 Europeans receptive to new welfare policy ideas