ESS Established as ESS ERIC
??? Teaser ???
The Decision announcing the award of ERIC (European Research Infrastructure Consortium) status to the European Social Survey was published in the Official Journal of the EU on 30th November 2013. ERICs are facilities for the scientific community, allowing researchers access to archives and tools to conduct top-level research. Member States, Associated and Third Countries and intergovernmental organisations may become members of an ERIC.
The ESS application for ERIC status was submitted by the UK on behalf of the ESS ERIC Members and Observers. The Members of the ESS ERIC are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Ireland, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden and UK. Norway and Switzerland are Observers. The ESS ERIC HQ will be at City University London.
The Director of the ESS, Rory Fitzgerald said:
"I am delighted that the application to establish the European Social Survey (ESS) as a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) has been successful. The long-term future of the ESS is now secure and this important time series at last has a funding time horizon.
The ESS ensures that academically rigorous, comparative data about the attitudes, behaviour and beliefs of Europeans are freely available. This provides a valuable data resource for the whole of the European Research Area, analysis of which impacts on policy discussion and formulation. In democratic societies it is vital that academics and policy makers understand how people think, feel and behave. ESS ERIC will provide high quality data to help that understanding for many years to come".
Other news articles
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/01/18 Call for Ethics Committee members
- 27/11/17 European Social Survey has high impact
- 31/10/17 Round 8 data now available
- 25/10/17 The future of welfare: Basic income?
- 05/10/17 Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
- 03/10/17 Invitation to tender: Report on measuring the media
- 25/09/17 Global Links workshop
- 22/09/17 October General Assembly meeting
- 30/08/17 Pre-announcement: Call for Question Design Teams
- 14/07/17 Looking ahead to ESRA 2017
- 04/07/17 Multilevel Data updated
- 22/06/17 Immigration event held in European Parliament
- 13/06/17 Round 9 Survey Specification published
- 10/05/17 European Social Survey to visit Albania
- 06/04/17 General Assembly meeting in April
- 27/03/17 Madrid to host latest event
- 24/03/17 ESS presents at European conferences
- 13/03/17 Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2017
- 02/03/17 European Journal of Public Health feature
- 28/02/17 Health results presented to European Commission
- 08/02/17 24 countries participating in latest survey
- 01/02/17 Registered users urged to complete survey
- 25/01/17 Data from South African survey now available