Round 10 source questionnaire published
The European Social Survey has today (Monday 10 January 2022) published its Round 10 source questionnaire and accompanying documents.
The questionnaire includes two rotating modules - Europeans’ understandings and evaluations of democracy - repeated from Round 6 (2012/13) - and Digital social contacts in work and family life - fielded for the first time in Round 10.
Additionally, a special COVID-19 module is also included in the Round 10 questionnaire, which has been fielded by countries on a voluntary basis.
When compared to the Round 9 source questionnaire, a small number of changes to the core questionnaire were made, following a review of our main questionnaire in advance of Round 10.
As previously announced, several countries have switched to a self-completion approach for Round 10 as a result of the pandemic making face-to-face fieldwork unfeasible.
We will publish documentation from the self-completion web survey, including screenshots, at a later date.
ESS Round 10 has taken place over a longer period than usual due to the pandemic.
The first country started fieldwork in September 2020 and it is currently expected that the final countries will complete their Round 10 fieldwork by May 2022.
Two data releases are planned for Round 10: the first is planned for June 2022 and the second in November 2022.
Other news articles
- 19/05/22 The way you access our data is changing
- 16/05/22 Supporting Ukrainian research
- 26/04/22 Serbia becomes newest member of the ESS ERIC
- 05/04/22 Round 10 data coming soon
- 16/03/22 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 08/03/22 New study reveals impact of ESS data
- 04/03/22 ESS community condemns Russian attack
- 14/02/22 Call for Round 12 rotating modules
- 04/02/22 New data search and download service
- 10/01/22 Round 10 source questionnaire published
- 04/01/22 Pre-announcement: Call for rotating modules
- 13/12/21 Spain becomes 26th member of ESS ERIC
- 29/11/21 Round 10 self-completion experiment funded in UK
- 20/10/21 ESS involved in new climate change project
- 05/10/21 Round 10 fieldwork update
- 21/09/21 Virtual General Assembly meeting
- 16/09/21 Roger Jowell memorial lecture 2021
- 07/07/21 Round 9 Multilevel Data published
- 25/06/21 New report published: The timing of life events
- 10/06/21 Agreement with Japanese General Social Survey
- 03/06/21 Web panel question modules selected
- 16/03/21 Findings from the Human Values Scale
- 08/03/21 Fresh opportunity to field web panel modules
- 03/03/21 Upcoming virtual General Assembly meeting
- 26/02/21 Important update on ESS Round 10 fieldwork