Call for Southern European Ambassador
The European Social Survey (ESS) is looking to appoint a consultant who will act as a southern European ambassador to establish a network in the region.
The ESS Ambassador will seek to ensure that countries remain, or become members, of the ESS ERIC by liaising with our existing funding representatives, national teams and data users in southern Europe.
Part of the role includes the establishment of the first ESS Southern European Regional Network, bringing together national teams, data users and social science funding agencies.
This regional network will help to encourage long-term involvement in our survey amongst southern European countries, including Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
ESS regional networks help to promote our survey and provide a collective forum that helps to support national teams with the implementation of the study.
The Southern European Regional Network will host two seminars, attended by leading scholars and representatives from relevant government ministries in southern Europe.
The events will showcase region-relevant research that analyses our data and offers tangible policy implications, as well as survey methodological challenges.
Applicants should have knowledge of the academic sector in southern Europe and the funding landscape for social science research infrastructures.
The successful candidate will receive €600 per day plus travel expenses and will be expected to work for 15 days between October 2020 and July 2021.
Applicants should send a CV and a one page letter to Esther Bourne outlining why they are suitable for the role.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 17 September. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 30 September.
This post is funded by the European Commission as part of the Horizon 2020 project, ESS-SUSTAIN-2 (grant agreement number 871063).
Other news articles
- 24/09/20 Virtual General Assembly meeting
- 18/09/20 Justice and fairness: Topline report launch
- 14/09/20 Round 11 rotating modules selected
- 02/09/20 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2020
- 17/08/20 Call for Southern European Ambassador
- 04/08/20 Call for online panel questions now open
- 22/07/20 Coming soon: Call for online panel questions
- 06/07/20 COVID-19 questions selected for Round 10
- 15/06/20 Round 9: Second data release now available
- 08/06/20 ESS receives dataset award
- 22/05/20 Special fast call for COVID-19 questions
- 20/05/20 Extraordinary General Assembly meeting
- 04/05/20 ESS ERIC now has 25 members
- 08/04/20 COVID-19 implications on the ESS
- 26/03/20 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/02/20 Analyse Round 9 Russian data
- 30/01/20 Developing a global online panel
- 06/01/20 ESS awarded major Horizon 2020 grant
- 26/11/19 New experts appointed to advisory boards
- 31/10/19 Round 9 data now available
- 31/10/19 New data from the European Social Survey (ESS)
- 14/10/19 Exploring public attitudes, informing public policy
- 25/09/19 Your chance to field questions in our survey
- 19/09/19 Social science event at the European Commission
- 04/09/19 Global partnerships revealed