Details of ESS conference announced
The 4th International ESS Conference - Turbulent times in Europe: Instability, insecurity and inequality - will take place at the University of Mannheim in Germany on 24-26 April 2019.
Participants are being invited to submit session proposals as part of a call published by the conference organising committee that will remain open until 31 May 2018.
The 4th International ESS Conference will showcase research that uses data from the European Social Survey, either exclusively or alongside data from other sources.
Potential session conveners are invited to submit an abstract of no more than 400 words outlining the focus of the session they plan to host.
Session organisers are expected to encourage and review paper submissions from other academics, liaise with presenters and the conference organisers and chair their session at the conference.
The conference committee recommends that the sessions include up to four presentations on a substantive or methodological theme.
Substantive topics covered by the ESS core module include crime, democracy and politics, discrimination, human values, immigration, media, national and ethnic identity, religion, social exclusion, social trust/trust in institutions, subjective wellbeing and socio-demographics.
Sessions can also focus on rotating modules fielded in the ESS such as ageism, citizen involvement, climate change and energy, democracy, the economy, family work and wellbeing, health and wellbeing, immigration, justice, the timing of life or welfare.
The conference aims to show the depth and breadth of scientifically rigorous research made possible as a result of the high quality comparative data provided by the ESS.
For your session to be considered, please submit an abstract of no more than 400 words (plus 3-5 keywords) outlining its focus.
Should applicants be successful, their session will be advertised in an open call for papers that will be issued in July 2018, with a September 2018 deadline.
Abstracts should be sent to the conference organising committee via email by 31 May 2018.
Other news articles
- 09/04/18 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2018
- 29/03/18 Details of ESS conference announced
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/01/18 Call for Ethics Committee members
- 27/11/17 European Social Survey has high impact
- 31/10/17 Round 8 data now available
- 25/10/17 The future of welfare: Basic income?
- 05/10/17 Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
- 03/10/17 Invitation to tender: Report on measuring the media
- 25/09/17 Global Links workshop
- 22/09/17 October General Assembly meeting
- 30/08/17 Pre-announcement: Call for Question Design Teams
- 14/07/17 Looking ahead to ESRA 2017
- 04/07/17 Multilevel Data updated
- 22/06/17 Immigration event held in European Parliament
- 13/06/17 Round 9 Survey Specification published
- 10/05/17 European Social Survey to visit Albania
- 06/04/17 General Assembly meeting in April
- 27/03/17 Madrid to host latest event
- 24/03/17 ESS presents at European conferences
- 13/03/17 Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2017
- 02/03/17 European Journal of Public Health feature
- 28/02/17 Health results presented to European Commission