First Spanish Congress announced
The Spanish National Committee of the European Social Survey (ESS) has announced that its first Spanish Congress event will be held in Madrid during September 2018.
‘Spanish Society in Comparative Perspective: 15 years of ESS in Spain’ will bring together academics from a wide range of disciplines to showcase their research.
The Congress will take place on 20-21 September 2018 at the Centro de Investigaciones Sociológicas (CIS) in Madrid, Spain.
It will be an opportunity for speakers to share ideas, discuss results and show the types of research that can be carried out by using ESS data.
Academic papers submitted by early career researchers will be considered for a new prize: the ‘Best ESS Junior Paper Award’. The winner will receive €300 and the runner-up will receive €200.
PhD students currently registered at a university and those who defended their dissertation after September 2015 are eligible for the award.
There are also a number of Student Accommodation Grants available for PhD, Master or Bachelor students. These will cover the costs associated with attending the conference, and include one night’s accommodation in Madrid.
The Centro de Investigaciones Sociológicas (CIS) will include a selection of the papers presented at the Congress in its ‘Academia’ publication following the event.
The deadline for submitting an abstract is 15 April 2018.
For further information or to register for the event, visit Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology (RECSM), Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Other news articles
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/01/18 Call for Ethics Committee members
- 27/11/17 European Social Survey has high impact
- 31/10/17 Round 8 data now available
- 25/10/17 The future of welfare: Basic income?
- 05/10/17 Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
- 03/10/17 Invitation to tender: Report on measuring the media
- 25/09/17 Global Links workshop
- 22/09/17 October General Assembly meeting
- 30/08/17 Pre-announcement: Call for Question Design Teams
- 14/07/17 Looking ahead to ESRA 2017
- 04/07/17 Multilevel Data updated
- 22/06/17 Immigration event held in European Parliament
- 13/06/17 Round 9 Survey Specification published
- 10/05/17 European Social Survey to visit Albania
- 06/04/17 General Assembly meeting in April
- 27/03/17 Madrid to host latest event
- 24/03/17 ESS presents at European conferences
- 13/03/17 Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2017
- 02/03/17 European Journal of Public Health feature
- 28/02/17 Health results presented to European Commission
- 08/02/17 24 countries participating in latest survey
- 01/02/17 Registered users urged to complete survey