Pre-announcement: Call for Question Design Teams
ESS ERIC is pleased to pre-announce the call for multi-national teams of researchers to submit applications for modules of questions to be fielded as part of Round 10 of the European Social Survey (ESS).
The ESS questionnaire consists of two elements: a core module of substantive and socio-demographic items which remains the same across rounds; and two rotating modules, of up to 30 items each, which vary from round to round. Each rotating module covers a single academic and/or policy concern within Europe and is drafted by a competitively selected team. The chosen Question Module Design Teams (QDTs) work closely with the Core Scientific Team (CST) of the ESS to develop their rotating modules.
The call for Round 10 QDTs will open by mid-October 2017
Multi-national teams will be invited to apply for the opportunity to design a module of 30 items addressing a topic of academic and or policy relevance across Europe to be included in Round 10 of the ESS. Round 10 fieldwork will take place Sept - Dec 2020 with data available from the end of October 2021.
Applications are invited for new and repeat modules.
New modules may either cover a wholly new topic to the ESS OR cover a topic or module that has previously been included but using a different approach.
Repeat modules provide an opportunity to explore how attitudes and behaviour towards a given topic may have changed over time. At least two-thirds of the items in the repeat module must be administered in an identical formal to those in the earlier module.
For Round 10 there will be a two stage application process for rotating modules, along similar lines to the call issued for ESS Round 9. Stage 1 applications will be due early in 2018. The application process will be completed by July 2018 with work on the rotating modules starting in September 2018.
Other news articles
- 29/11/18 Russian attitudes on climate change and energy explored
- 27/11/18 New report examines Russian attitudes on welfare
- 20/11/18 Registration opens for ESS Conference 2019
- 24/10/18 ESS ERIC General Assembly meeting
- 02/10/18 Europeans accept climate change is happening
- 17/09/18 Europeans receptive to new welfare policy ideas
- 02/08/18 Upcoming events in Brussels
- 11/07/18 Exploring democracy and digital communication
- 02/07/18 ESS Conference: Call for Papers now open
- 19/06/18 Details of Jowell-Kaase Prize announced
- 30/05/18 Round 8: second edition of data released
- 16/05/18 CROss-National Online Survey Panel data now available
- 30/04/18 General Assembly meeting in May
- 23/04/18 Strengthening links between the ESS and Australia
- 09/04/18 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2018
- 29/03/18 Details of ESS conference announced
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/01/18 Call for Ethics Committee members
- 27/11/17 European Social Survey has high impact
- 31/10/17 Round 8 data now available
- 25/10/17 The future of welfare: Basic income?
- 05/10/17 Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
- 03/10/17 Invitation to tender: Report on measuring the media