Pre-announcement: Call for Question Module Design Teams
ESS ERIC is pleased to pre-announce the call for multi-national teams of researchers to submit applications for modules of questions to be fielded as part of Round 10 of the European Social Survey (ESS).
The ESS questionnaire consists of two elements: a core module of substantive and socio-demographic items which remains the same across rounds; and two rotating modules, of up to 30 items each, which vary from round to round. Each rotating module covers a single academic and/or policy concern within Europe and is drafted by a competitively selected team. The chosen Question Module Design Teams (QDTs) work closely with the Core Scientific Team (CST) of the ESS to develop their rotating modules.
The call for Round 10 QDTs will open by mid-October 2017
Multi-national teams will be invited to apply for the opportunity to design a module of 30 items addressing a topic of academic and or policy relevance across Europe to be included in Round 10 of the ESS. Round 10 fieldwork will take place Sept - Dec 2020 with data available from the end of October 2021.
Applications are invited for new and repeat modules.
New modules may either cover a wholly new topic to the ESS OR cover a topic or module that has previously been included but using a different approach.
Repeat modules provide an opportunity to explore how attitudes and behaviour towards a given topic may have changed over time. At least two-thirds of the items in the repeat module must be administered in an identical formal to those in the earlier module.
For Round 10 there will be a two stage application process for rotating modules, along similar lines to the call issued for ESS Round 9. Stage 1 applications will be due early in 2018. The application process will be completed by July 2018 with work on the rotating modules starting in September 2018.
Other news articles
- 30/08/17 Pre-announcement: Call for Question Module Design Teams
- 14/07/17 Looking ahead to ESRA 2017
- 04/07/17 Multilevel Data updated
- 22/06/17 Immigration event held in European Parliament
- 13/06/17 Round 9 Survey Specification published
- 10/05/17 European Social Survey to visit Albania
- 06/04/17 General Assembly meeting in April
- 27/03/17 Madrid to host latest event
- 24/03/17 ESS presents at European conferences
- 13/03/17 Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2017
- 02/03/17 European Journal of Public Health feature
- 28/02/17 Health results presented to European Commission
- 08/02/17 24 countries participating in latest survey
- 01/02/17 Registered users urged to complete survey
- 25/01/17 Data from South African survey now available
- 11/01/17 New paper explores measure of socio-cultural origins
- 05/01/17 ESS User Community reaches 100,000
- 08/12/16 ESS1-7 Cumulative file released
- 28/11/16 Croatia to host latest ESS conference
- 15/11/16 Europeans becoming more divided over immigration
- 31/10/16 Funding available for academics
- 24/10/16 Health of Europe revealed in new report
- 17/10/16 ESS part of new Horizon 2020 project
- 11/10/16 ESS and South African survey showcase work
- 26/09/16 ESS participates in Slovakian conference