Madrid to host latest event
Analysis of European Social Survey Round 7 (2014/15) will be showcased at the Centre for Sociological Research in Madrid from 11am-2pm on Friday 31 March.
The conference will have a specific focus on the two rotating modules fielded in Round 7: Social Inequalities in Health and Attitudes towards Immigration.
Our most recent Topline Results publications analysed data from those two rotating modules, and copies of each booklet - translated into Spanish - will be available at the event.
The event is open to anyone and completely free to attend - simply complete an online registration form on the Centro de Investigaciones Sociológicas (CSI) website.
Cristina Moneo Ocaña, Deputy Director of Coordination, Planning and Monitoring at the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness (Ministerio de Economía, Industria y Competitividad), is amongst the speakers.
Presentations will also be given by ESS Director, Dr. Rory Fitzgerald; President of CIS, Cristóbal Torres Albero; and the ESS Spanish National Coordinator, Mónica Méndez Lago.
ESS fieldwork is funded in Spain by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness via the Spanish National Research Council (Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, CSIC).
Mª Ángeles Durán de las Heras of CSIC will deliver a presentation based on some of our Round 7 data gathered by fielding the health module.
Whilst Héctor Cebolla Boado of the National University of Distance Education (Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, UNED) will present some analysis of our most recent immigration data.
All speeches and presentations at the event will be translated into English and Spanish.
Other news articles
- 20/05/19 Contextual information for Round 8 now available
- 10/05/19 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2019
- 12/04/19 Measures to prevent data falsification
- 11/03/19 New Horizon 2020 project begins
- 19/02/19 Director visits University of Western Australia
- 23/01/19 Jowell-Kaase Prize winner revealed
- 15/01/19 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 17/12/18 Cumulative Data File updated
- 29/11/18 Russian attitudes on climate change and energy explored
- 27/11/18 New report examines Russian attitudes on welfare
- 20/11/18 Registration opens for ESS Conference 2019
- 24/10/18 ESS ERIC General Assembly meeting
- 02/10/18 Europeans accept climate change is happening
- 17/09/18 Europeans receptive to new welfare policy ideas
- 02/08/18 Upcoming events in Brussels
- 11/07/18 Exploring democracy and digital communication
- 02/07/18 ESS Conference: Call for Papers now open
- 19/06/18 Details of Jowell-Kaase Prize announced
- 30/05/18 Round 8: second edition of data released
- 16/05/18 CROss-National Online Survey Panel data now available
- 30/04/18 General Assembly meeting in May
- 23/04/18 Strengthening links between the ESS and Australia
- 09/04/18 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2018
- 29/03/18 Details of ESS conference announced
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced