ESS presents at European conferences
The European Social Survey gave a series of presentations at three separate conferences that were held across Europe last week.
There was an entire satellite session organised by the ESS at the New Techniques and Technologies for Statistics (NTTS) international conference organised by Eurostat in Brussels.
Eurostat is a Directorate-General of the European Commission with responsibility for providing statistical information to the institutions of the European Union (EU).
NTTS was held to help establish new techniques and methods for official statistics, and the impact of new technologies on statistical collection, production and dissemination systems.
A video of the session - including six ESS presentations delivered on 16 March - is available to view via the European Commission website, starting at 17:30. Presentation slides are also available for download.
Representatives of the ESS were in attendance at the University of Mannheim in Germany for the 2017 International Workshop on Comparative Survey Design and Implementation (CSDI).
Presentations were delivered in one session organised by the team working on the Synergies for Europe's Research Infrastructures in the Social Sciences (SERISS) project.
There were also presentations given by the ESS on fieldwork design in multiple countries and testing questionnaire translation methods.
The 2017 CSDI Workshop took place from 16-17 March and was organised by GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences - one of the institutions who comprise the ESS Core Scientific Team - and the Mannheim Centre for European Social Research.
The General Online Research Conference (GOR17) also took place last week - from 15-17 March in Berlin, Germany.
Some of the SERISS project team collaborated with external researchers to deliver a presentation on assessing the efficacy of using established surveys to recruit online panel respondents.
They drew on the experiences of recruiting for Cross-National Online Survey Panel (CRONOS) - part of the SERISS project that recruited online respondents from those who took part in face-to-face interviews during ESS Round 7 (2014/15).
Other news articles
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/01/18 Call for Ethics Committee members
- 27/11/17 European Social Survey has high impact
- 31/10/17 Round 8 data now available
- 25/10/17 The future of welfare: Basic income?
- 05/10/17 Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
- 03/10/17 Invitation to tender: Report on measuring the media
- 25/09/17 Global Links workshop
- 22/09/17 October General Assembly meeting
- 30/08/17 Pre-announcement: Call for Question Design Teams
- 14/07/17 Looking ahead to ESRA 2017
- 04/07/17 Multilevel Data updated
- 22/06/17 Immigration event held in European Parliament
- 13/06/17 Round 9 Survey Specification published
- 10/05/17 European Social Survey to visit Albania
- 06/04/17 General Assembly meeting in April
- 27/03/17 Madrid to host latest event
- 24/03/17 ESS presents at European conferences
- 13/03/17 Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2017
- 02/03/17 European Journal of Public Health feature
- 28/02/17 Health results presented to European Commission
- 08/02/17 24 countries participating in latest survey
- 01/02/17 Registered users urged to complete survey