European Journal of Public Health feature
A special supplement published in the latest issue of the European Journal of Public Health (EJPH) includes a number of articles analysing survey data sourced from our recent health module.
The supplement includes 16 academic articles that directly analyse the data taken from the ESS Round 7 (2014/15) rotating module, Social Inequalities in Health.
Three of the supplement’s guest editors - Terje Andreas Eikemo, Clare Bambra and Tim Huijts - were part of the questionnaire design team (QDT) who worked with the ESS to develop the module.
The QDT initially authored a short report - Social Inequalities in Health and their Determinants - that was published as part of the ESS Topline Results Series in October 2016 (also available in French).
A fitting tribute to Sir Roger Jowell, co-founder of the ESS, written by Sir Michael Marmot, Professor of Epidemiology and Public Health at University College London, is included in the journal.
Published on 23 February 2017, a list of the supplement’s contributors (guest editors and authors) can be found in the Foreword to the issue.
Shortly before the special issue was made available, an article about the ESS health module appeared in Volume 33, Issue 1 of the European Sociological Review.
Authored by Eikemo, Bambra, Huijts and ESS Director, Dr. Rory Fitzgerald, the article introduces the rotating module as The First Pan-European Sociological Health Inequalities Survey of the General Population.
Both journals are published by Oxford University Press.
Other news articles
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/01/18 Call for Ethics Committee members
- 27/11/17 European Social Survey has high impact
- 31/10/17 Round 8 data now available
- 25/10/17 The future of welfare: Basic income?
- 05/10/17 Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
- 03/10/17 Invitation to tender: Report on measuring the media
- 25/09/17 Global Links workshop
- 22/09/17 October General Assembly meeting
- 30/08/17 Pre-announcement: Call for Question Design Teams
- 14/07/17 Looking ahead to ESRA 2017
- 04/07/17 Multilevel Data updated
- 22/06/17 Immigration event held in European Parliament
- 13/06/17 Round 9 Survey Specification published
- 10/05/17 European Social Survey to visit Albania
- 06/04/17 General Assembly meeting in April
- 27/03/17 Madrid to host latest event
- 24/03/17 ESS presents at European conferences
- 13/03/17 Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2017
- 02/03/17 European Journal of Public Health feature
- 28/02/17 Health results presented to European Commission
- 08/02/17 24 countries participating in latest survey
- 01/02/17 Registered users urged to complete survey