24 countries participating in latest survey
Italy, Slovakia and Spain were the final countries to confirm that they will take part in Round 8 (2016/17) of the European Social Survey alongside 21 other European countries.
Italy will participate in both Rounds 8 and 9 (2018/19) as a full member of the ESS whilst Slovakia and Spain will take part as guest countries in Round 8.
Despite Round 8 fieldwork already ending in a number of European countries, Italy will conduct their fieldwork in September and October 2017, with data being delivered in December 2017.
Providing the funding for Italian participation is the government agency, Istituto Nazionale per l'Analisi delle Politiche Pubbliche (INAPP).
Slovakia's confirmed inclusion is being funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
Spain will also take part as a guest in Round 8 - their participation is being funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness.
Confirmation that Italy, Slovakia and Spain will take part means that 24 countries will participate in Round 8 of the survey - three more than the 21 nations who participated in Round 7 (2014/15).
Dr. Rory Fitzgerald, Director of the ESS, said: “I am delighted that further countries have confirmed their participation in Round 8.
“I am particularly pleased that Italy have become a full member of the infrastructure providing a longer term commitment. In these turbulent times both politically and socially the utility of the ESS is becoming ever clearer.”
A total of 17 Members, one Observer and six Guests are participating in Round 8. A copy of the final Round 8 questionnaire is now available.
- Czech Republic
Photo: Arthimedes / Shutterstock.com
Other news articles
- 10/05/17 European Social Survey to visit Albania
- 06/04/17 General Assembly meeting in April
- 27/03/17 Madrid to host latest event
- 24/03/17 ESS presents at European conferences
- 13/03/17 Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2017
- 02/03/17 European Journal of Public Health feature
- 28/02/17 Health results presented to European Commission
- 08/02/17 24 countries participating in latest survey
- 01/02/17 Registered users urged to complete survey
- 25/01/17 Data from South African survey now available
- 11/01/17 New paper explores measure of socio-cultural origins
- 05/01/17 ESS User Community reaches 100,000
- 08/12/16 ESS1-7 Cumulative file released
- 28/11/16 Croatia to host latest ESS conference
- 15/11/16 Europeans becoming more divided over immigration
- 31/10/16 Funding available for academics
- 24/10/16 Health of Europe revealed in new report
- 17/10/16 ESS part of new Horizon 2020 project
- 11/10/16 ESS and South African survey showcase work
- 26/09/16 ESS participates in Slovakian conference
- 02/09/16 Call for Papers ahead of ESS Romania conference
- 02/08/16 Inaugural Jowell-Kaase prize winner announced
- 22/07/16 Round 9 Rotating Modules announced
- 15/06/16 UK opposes further European integration
- 26/05/16 ESS7: second edition of data released