24 countries participating in latest survey
Italy, Slovakia and Spain were the final countries to confirm that they will take part in Round 8 (2016/17) of the European Social Survey alongside 21 other European countries.
Italy will participate in both Rounds 8 and 9 (2018/19) as a full member of the ESS whilst Slovakia and Spain will take part as guest countries in Round 8.
Despite Round 8 fieldwork already ending in a number of European countries, Italy will conduct their fieldwork in September and October 2017, with data being delivered in December 2017.
Providing the funding for Italian participation is the government agency, Istituto Nazionale per l'Analisi delle Politiche Pubbliche (INAPP).
Slovakia's confirmed inclusion is being funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
Spain will also take part as a guest in Round 8 - their participation is being funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness.
Confirmation that Italy, Slovakia and Spain will take part means that 24 countries will participate in Round 8 of the survey - three more than the 21 nations who participated in Round 7 (2014/15).
Dr. Rory Fitzgerald, Director of the ESS, said: “I am delighted that further countries have confirmed their participation in Round 8.
“I am particularly pleased that Italy have become a full member of the infrastructure providing a longer term commitment. In these turbulent times both politically and socially the utility of the ESS is becoming ever clearer.”
A total of 17 Members, one Observer and six Guests are participating in Round 8. A copy of the final Round 8 questionnaire is now available.
- Czech Republic
Other news articles
- 11/11/20 Questions selected for new online panel
- 30/10/20 Round 10 COVID-19 questions finalised
- 16/10/20 Director becomes Academy of Social Sciences Fellow
- 06/10/20 Justice and fairness analysis now available
- 24/09/20 Virtual General Assembly meeting
- 18/09/20 Justice and fairness: Topline report launch
- 14/09/20 Round 11 rotating modules selected
- 02/09/20 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2020
- 17/08/20 Call for Southern European Ambassador
- 04/08/20 Call for online panel questions now open
- 22/07/20 Coming soon: Call for online panel questions
- 06/07/20 COVID-19 questions selected for Round 10
- 15/06/20 Round 9: Second data release now available
- 08/06/20 ESS receives dataset award
- 22/05/20 Special fast call for COVID-19 questions
- 20/05/20 Extraordinary General Assembly meeting
- 04/05/20 ESS ERIC now has 25 members
- 08/04/20 COVID-19 implications on the ESS
- 26/03/20 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/02/20 Analyse Round 9 Russian data
- 30/01/20 Developing a global online panel
- 06/01/20 ESS awarded major Horizon 2020 grant
- 26/11/19 New experts appointed to advisory boards
- 31/10/19 Round 9 data now available
- 31/10/19 New data from the European Social Survey (ESS)