24 countries participating in latest survey
Italy, Slovakia and Spain were the final countries to confirm that they will take part in Round 8 (2016/17) of the European Social Survey alongside 21 other European countries.
Italy will participate in both Rounds 8 and 9 (2018/19) as a full member of the ESS whilst Slovakia and Spain will take part as guest countries in Round 8.
Despite Round 8 fieldwork already ending in a number of European countries, Italy will conduct their fieldwork in September and October 2017, with data being delivered in December 2017.
Providing the funding for Italian participation is the government agency, Istituto Nazionale per l'Analisi delle Politiche Pubbliche (INAPP).
Slovakia's confirmed inclusion is being funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
Spain will also take part as a guest in Round 8 - their participation is being funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness.
Confirmation that Italy, Slovakia and Spain will take part means that 24 countries will participate in Round 8 of the survey - three more than the 21 nations who participated in Round 7 (2014/15).
Dr. Rory Fitzgerald, Director of the ESS, said: “I am delighted that further countries have confirmed their participation in Round 8.
“I am particularly pleased that Italy have become a full member of the infrastructure providing a longer term commitment. In these turbulent times both politically and socially the utility of the ESS is becoming ever clearer.”
A total of 17 Members, one Observer and six Guests are participating in Round 8. A copy of the final Round 8 questionnaire is now available.
- Czech Republic
Other news articles
- 02/10/18 Europeans accept climate change is happening
- 17/09/18 Europeans receptive to new welfare policy ideas
- 02/08/18 Upcoming events in Brussels
- 11/07/18 Exploring democracy and digital communication
- 02/07/18 ESS Conference: Call for Papers now open
- 19/06/18 Details of Jowell-Kaase Prize announced
- 30/05/18 Round 8: second edition of data released
- 16/05/18 CROss-National Online Survey Panel data now available
- 30/04/18 General Assembly meeting in May
- 23/04/18 Strengthening links between the ESS and Australia
- 09/04/18 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2018
- 29/03/18 Details of ESS conference announced
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/01/18 Call for Ethics Committee members
- 27/11/17 European Social Survey has high impact
- 31/10/17 Round 8 data now available
- 25/10/17 The future of welfare: Basic income?
- 05/10/17 Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
- 03/10/17 Invitation to tender: Report on measuring the media
- 25/09/17 Global Links workshop
- 22/09/17 October General Assembly meeting
- 30/08/17 Pre-announcement: Call for Question Design Teams
- 14/07/17 Looking ahead to ESRA 2017