Croatia to host latest ESS conference
Research from the European Social Survey will be showcased at an event being held by the Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar in Zagreb on Friday (2 December).
The conference - Croatian participation in the ESS: Academic and policy benefits and challenges - will provide a forum for leading Croatian academics and researchers to present their analysis of ESS data.
In both rounds, the implementation of the survey in Croatia was coordinated and delivered by the Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar, named after the famous Croatian historian, lawyer and politician (pictured above).
The conference will also allow participants a chance to discuss the opportunities available for Croatia to re-join the survey in future rounds.
Dr Eric Harrison, Deputy Director of the ESS, will be attending the conference at European House (Kuća Europe) in Zagreb on 2 December 2016 from 10:00-14:45.
The Conference Programme Committee:
- Dr. Toni Babarović (Chair), Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar
- Dr. Ljiljana Kaliterna Lipovčan, Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar
- Dr. Renata Franc, Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar
- Dr. Siniša Zrinšćak, Department for Social Work, Faculty of Law, University of Zagreb
- Dr. Ivan Čipin, Department of Demography, Faculty of economic and business, University of Zagreb
Croatian involvement in ESS: Selected results
Croatia was the third most dissatisfied of 28 countries in the standard of living for pensioners and opportunities for young people to find employment (Round 4, 2008/09).
Over 80% of Croatians think that many people obtain benefits and services that they are not entitled to. This was the highest proportion found across Europe (Round 4, 2008/09).
Croatians were the least concerned about violent crime of 27 participating countries in Europe (Round 5, 2010/11).
Over 70% of women complete a higher proportion of housework than men - the fifth highest rate in Europe (Round 5, 2010/11).
Other news articles
- 16/10/20 Director becomes Academy of Social Sciences Fellow
- 06/10/20 Justice and fairness analysis now available
- 24/09/20 Virtual General Assembly meeting
- 18/09/20 Justice and fairness: Topline report launch
- 14/09/20 Round 11 rotating modules selected
- 02/09/20 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2020
- 17/08/20 Call for Southern European Ambassador
- 04/08/20 Call for online panel questions now open
- 22/07/20 Coming soon: Call for online panel questions
- 06/07/20 COVID-19 questions selected for Round 10
- 15/06/20 Round 9: Second data release now available
- 08/06/20 ESS receives dataset award
- 22/05/20 Special fast call for COVID-19 questions
- 20/05/20 Extraordinary General Assembly meeting
- 04/05/20 ESS ERIC now has 25 members
- 08/04/20 COVID-19 implications on the ESS
- 26/03/20 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/02/20 Analyse Round 9 Russian data
- 30/01/20 Developing a global online panel
- 06/01/20 ESS awarded major Horizon 2020 grant
- 26/11/19 New experts appointed to advisory boards
- 31/10/19 Round 9 data now available
- 31/10/19 New data from the European Social Survey (ESS)
- 14/10/19 Exploring public attitudes, informing public policy
- 25/09/19 Your chance to field questions in our survey