Funding available for academics
Groups of academics can apply to be supported in the production of academic publications and/or teaching resources based on European Social Survey data.
The ESS ERIC is inviting proposals from academics working in the social sciences and allied disciplines in the European Research Area to receive funding provided under the ESS-SUSTAIN project.
Up to six academic publishing workshops or symposia based on a particular substantive theme covered by the ESS or with a specific geographical focus will be funded.
ESS ERIC will pay the travel expenses of five academics and will also provide up to €2,000 towards the costs associated with hosting an event.
Applications should demonstrate the intention to build scientific capacity through, inter alia, the involvement of early career researchers, and/or networks of researchers in multiple countries.
As part of its ongoing mission to increase the dissemination and exploitation of its data, there will also be limited administrative assistance from ESS ERIC HQ in publicising and raising awareness of the planned activities.
Proposals should include the CV(s) of the organiser(s), a 500 word synopsis of the topic focus, the mechanisms for capacity building, and an indication of the form the output will take (e.g. monograph, textbook, edited collection, special issue of a journal, etc.).
Applications should also include an indicative budget, date and content for the event. Successful candidates will be required to submit a short report and forward plan immediately after the workshop, with a second progress report to be submitted 6 months later.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific Advisory Board of the ESS ERIC. Their decision will be final and no further feedback will be given to unsuccessful applications.
The closing date for the call is Monday 21st November 2016. Planned events must take place before March 31, 2018.
For an informal discussion of the Call, please contact Dr. Rory Fitzgerald, ESS ERIC Director, on +44 207 040 4901 or via email.
Application should be sent via email to Claire Harding.
Other news articles
- 11/07/18 Exploring democracy and digital communication
- 02/07/18 ESS Conference: Call for Papers now open
- 19/06/18 Details of Jowell-Kaase Prize announced
- 30/05/18 Round 8: second edition of data released
- 16/05/18 CROss-National Online Survey Panel data now available
- 30/04/18 General Assembly meeting in May
- 23/04/18 Strengthening links between the ESS and Australia
- 09/04/18 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2018
- 29/03/18 Details of ESS conference announced
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/01/18 Call for Ethics Committee members
- 27/11/17 European Social Survey has high impact
- 31/10/17 Round 8 data now available
- 25/10/17 The future of welfare: Basic income?
- 05/10/17 Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
- 03/10/17 Invitation to tender: Report on measuring the media
- 25/09/17 Global Links workshop
- 22/09/17 October General Assembly meeting
- 30/08/17 Pre-announcement: Call for Question Design Teams
- 14/07/17 Looking ahead to ESRA 2017
- 04/07/17 Multilevel Data updated
- 22/06/17 Immigration event held in European Parliament
- 13/06/17 Round 9 Survey Specification published