Call for Papers ahead of ESS Romania conference
An academic conference will be held at the University of Bucharest in October to showcase research undertaken using data from the European Social Survey (ESS).
Speakers are invited to present papers that use data from the ESS on a wide range of substantive topics, particularly comparing European countries and, where possible, including Romanian data.
Presentations of up to 15 minutes should explore the contribution of the ESS to scientific research, university teaching and evidence-based policies.
Potential participants have until 25 September to submit an abstract including a title and no longer than 500 words (including a bibliography, where relevant).
An invitation to the conference has been extended to representatives of the Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research and Innovation (ANCSI).
ANCSI is part of the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research and is responsible for implementing the country’s Strategy and Governance Programme in scientific research, technological development and innovation.
The director of the ESS, Dr. Rory Fitzgerald, will be joined by the ESS Ambassador for Romania, Dr Nina Kancewicz-Hoffman, at the two-day conference.
The conference will also offer a chance for participants to discuss the opportunities available for Romania to re-join the survey.
Romania participated in Round 3 (2006) and Round 4 (2008) of the ESS and October’s conference will focus on the advantages of the country re-joining for the Round 8 (2016) survey.
There is no registration fee for the conference but participants are expected to cover their own transportation and accommodation expenses.
The event is supported by Horizon 2020 grant ESS-SUSTAIN.
The Conference Programme Committee:
- Prof. Liviu Chelcea, University of Bucharest
- Prof. Horațiu Rusu, Lucian Blaga University, Sibiu
- Prof. Gabriel Bădescu, Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca
- Prof. Augustin Stoica, National School of Political and Administrative Studies
- Prof. Adrian Hatos, University of Oradea
Interested researchers are invited to send an abstract in English by 25 September to Adrian Dusa
Other news articles
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/01/18 Call for Ethics Committee members
- 27/11/17 European Social Survey has high impact
- 31/10/17 Round 8 data now available
- 25/10/17 The future of welfare: Basic income?
- 05/10/17 Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
- 03/10/17 Invitation to tender: Report on measuring the media
- 25/09/17 Global Links workshop
- 22/09/17 October General Assembly meeting
- 30/08/17 Pre-announcement: Call for Question Design Teams
- 14/07/17 Looking ahead to ESRA 2017
- 04/07/17 Multilevel Data updated
- 22/06/17 Immigration event held in European Parliament
- 13/06/17 Round 9 Survey Specification published
- 10/05/17 European Social Survey to visit Albania
- 06/04/17 General Assembly meeting in April
- 27/03/17 Madrid to host latest event
- 24/03/17 ESS presents at European conferences
- 13/03/17 Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2017
- 02/03/17 European Journal of Public Health feature
- 28/02/17 Health results presented to European Commission
- 08/02/17 24 countries participating in latest survey
- 01/02/17 Registered users urged to complete survey