ESS participates in Slovakian conference
The Slovak Republic confirmed their participation in ESS Round 8 during the Global Megatrends conference, held due to the Slovak Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
A presentation by the European Social Survey was given at an event organised under the auspices of the Slovak Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
European Social Survey (ESS) Director, Dr. Rory Fitzgerald, showcased some of the wide-ranging results taken from the Slovak Republic’s involvement in five of the seven rounds of the international survey.
Presentations were also given by Prof. J. Vyrost, Dr. D. Fedakova, and Dr. M. Kentos - members of the Slovakian ESS team.
During the conference, Lukáš Zendulka, from the Department for the Implementation of State Policies, European and International Initiatives of Research and Development, Section for Science and Technology at the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic confirmed their participation in Round 8 of the ESS as a guest country.
Fieldwork for Round 8 of the ESS will be undertaken over one month in a designated four-month period in each European country, either towards the end of 2016 or at the start of next year.
The conference was organised by the Slovak Academy of Sciences (The Centre for Social and Psychological Sciences; and the Institute of Landscape Ecology) in association with the European Academy of Sciences and Arts.
The conference - Global Megatrends and Slovak Republic - took place on 19-21 September in the Congress Centre of SAS, based in Smolenice - situated by the Little Carpathien (Malé Karpaty) Mountains, 60km northwest of Bratislava.
ESS data is a key tool for the measuring and monitoring of social development and social inclusion in Slovakia and across Europe.
National ESS Coordinator for the Slovak Republic, based at the Institute of Social Sciences, Centre for Social and Psychological Sciences SAS, Jozef Výrost, said:
“The event organised as part of the EU Presidency highlighted how ESS data can be used to illuminate global megatrends such as climate change, ageing and governance challenges.
“I am delighted that funding for ESS Round 8 was confirmed during the event ensuring that the opinions and trends within Slovakia can be accurately represented in a comparative perspective.”
Other news articles
- 11/07/18 Exploring democracy and digital communication
- 02/07/18 ESS Conference: Call for Papers now open
- 19/06/18 Details of Jowell-Kaase Prize announced
- 30/05/18 Round 8: second edition of data released
- 16/05/18 CROss-National Online Survey Panel data now available
- 30/04/18 General Assembly meeting in May
- 23/04/18 Strengthening links between the ESS and Australia
- 09/04/18 Sir Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2018
- 29/03/18 Details of ESS conference announced
- 05/03/18 First Spanish Congress announced
- 01/02/18 European Social Survey part of new project
- 29/01/18 Upcoming General Assembly meeting
- 19/01/18 Call for Ethics Committee members
- 27/11/17 European Social Survey has high impact
- 31/10/17 Round 8 data now available
- 25/10/17 The future of welfare: Basic income?
- 05/10/17 Call for Round 10 Question Module Design Teams
- 03/10/17 Invitation to tender: Report on measuring the media
- 25/09/17 Global Links workshop
- 22/09/17 October General Assembly meeting
- 30/08/17 Pre-announcement: Call for Question Design Teams
- 14/07/17 Looking ahead to ESRA 2017
- 04/07/17 Multilevel Data updated
- 22/06/17 Immigration event held in European Parliament
- 13/06/17 Round 9 Survey Specification published