ESS7: second edition of data released
We are pleased to announce that the second edition of data and documentation for ESS Round 7 was released on Thursday 26 May 2016.
In this second edition, data and documentation for an additional 5 countries are included: Israel, Lithuania, Portugal, Spain and United Kingdom.
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Sweden and Switzerland were included already in the first release back in October 2015, while the Hungarian data file was released earlier this year, in March.
Hence, following the second data release, the integrated ESS7 file now includes data for 21 countries. ESS7 edition 2.0 also includes post-stratification weights and ancestry variables. For complete information about the second data release, please see ESS7 version notes.
In addition to the main data file, new editions of integrated contact form data, interviewer data, test data and parents' occupation data have also been published. The ESS7 data are available for registered users on the ESS7 - 2014 Data Download pages.
Round 7 included rotating modules on "Attitudes towards immigration and their antecedents" and "Social inequalities in health and their determinants".
Other news articles
- 06/04/17 General Assembly meeting later this month
- 27/03/17 Madrid to host latest event
- 24/03/17 ESS presents at European conferences
- 13/03/17 Roger Jowell Memorial Lecture 2017
- 02/03/17 European Journal of Public Health feature
- 28/02/17 Health results presented to European Commission
- 08/02/17 24 countries participating in latest survey
- 01/02/17 Registered users urged to complete survey
- 25/01/17 Data from South African survey now available
- 11/01/17 New paper explores measure of socio-cultural origins
- 05/01/17 ESS User Community reaches 100,000
- 08/12/16 ESS1-7 Cumulative file released
- 28/11/16 Croatia to host latest ESS conference
- 15/11/16 Europeans becoming more divided over immigration
- 31/10/16 Funding available for academics
- 24/10/16 Health of Europe revealed in new report
- 17/10/16 ESS part of new Horizon 2020 project
- 11/10/16 ESS and South African survey showcase work
- 26/09/16 ESS participates in Slovakian conference
- 02/09/16 Call for Papers ahead of ESS Romania conference
- 02/08/16 Inaugural Jowell-Kaase prize winner announced
- 22/07/16 Round 9 Rotating Modules announced
- 15/06/16 UK opposes further European integration
- 26/05/16 ESS7: second edition of data released
- 23/05/16 Max Kaase receives 2016 WAPOR award